The Wyoming State Golf Association (WSGA) is the governing body of amateur golf in the state of Wyoming. Since its formation in 1922, the objective of the WSGA has been to promote and maintain the game of amateur golf throughout Wyoming.
The WSGA works in association with the Colorado Golf Association (CGA) to deliver USGA Services to all WSGA members. This ensures WSGA members and member clubs have access to the World Handicap System™ which is the only recognized handicap service in Wyoming. By paying your annual handicap fee at your local club or joining online through the USGA, you as a player become a member of the Wyoming State Golf Association.
1. HANDICAP SERVICE – The WSGA works in association with the Colorado Golf Association (CGA) to provide and support World Handicap System™ service to (51) member clubs throughout the state.
2. COURSE RATING – The WSGA works in association with the CGA to rate and maintain all golf courses in the state of Wyoming.
3. TOURNAMENT SPONSORSHIP – Each year, the WSGA provides nearly $30,000 to promote and sponsor many individual and team events in the state of Wyoming.
4. JUNIOR SPONSORSHIP – The WSGA provides over $10,000 annually to sponsor boys and girls teams from Wyoming, to enable them to compete in JUNIOR AMERICA’S CUP team events at sites across the western United States.
5. SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING – Each year, the WSGA awards several scholarships totaling $10,000 per year to deserving applicants across the state. To date, the WSGA has provided well over $55,000 in scholarship funds to college bound students throughout Wyoming.
6. HANDICAP & TOURNAMENT INFORMATION – The WSGA publishes an annual Tournament Schedule and Handicap Information Booklet containing handicap information, a directory of golf courses in Wyoming and a May through October schedule of events throughout the state. The booklet is distributed, free of charge, to all member clubs in Wyoming. Pick one up at your local club or call the WSGA for a free copy.
7. HOSTING USGA EVENTS – The WSGA works in association with the CGA to provide annual qualifying sites for USGA Championship and has been proud to host two USGA National Championships in Wyoming – The U.S. Men’s Public Links and U.S. Women’s Public Links Championships. We have also hosted both the Boys and Girls Junior America’s Cups. We can all be proud of the national exposure these events bring to our clubs, our members, and to the state of Wyoming.
8. COMMUNICATING WITH THE USGA – The CGA is your link to the USGA. Matters involving amateur status, handicapping, rules and more are all handled and communicated through the CGA. This service is available to member clubs and WSGA members alike.
We, at the Wyoming State Golf Association, are pleased to provide these services along with the CGA, to a membership of nearly 10,000 golfers from some 51 different clubs throughout the state. We hope you choose to participate in our tournaments and appreciate your involvement in our programs.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact our year-round office.